Join Our Team
Work with us and learn how to farm
using regenerative agricultural practices.
Each season we train 3-4 apprentices in everything from seed to sale.
The goal of the apprenticeship is to immerse the applicants in an educational experience of starting up a small-scale farm through participation in all aspects of farming. This includes but is not limited to feeding and care of livestock,
processing broilers, greenhouse management, seed propagation, transplanting, weeding, hand cultivation, harvesting, and marketing the product. Tasks will vary greatly and the apprentices will have a unique opportunity to experience all aspects of a production farm. Apprentices will also have the opportunity to partake in a monthly reading discussion, to further dive into different aspects of farming.
We are seeking motivated farmers with a genuine passion for agriculture,
a desire to learn, and the ability to perform the following tasks:
• Ability to work 40-55 hours per week, including weekend work
• Previous farming experience is not necessary, but agricultural
interest, enthusiasm, and hard work are a must!
• Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to lift 50-80 lbs. and perform strenuous physical tasks
• Work long hours in all weather conditions, while maintaining a
• Driver’s license with a clean driving record
• Hourly pay is based on experience and apprentices will have access to farm produce and eggs and a $25 meat stipend each month.
• There is a beautiful, furnished apprentice house on the farm. It is three bedrooms (each apprentice having their own) and 2 bathrooms. There is a communal kitchen, dining room, and living room. Housing is $150 a month (utilities and internet included). No pets.
HOW TO APPLY
• Cover letter stating interest in the position and applicable
• Three references (including name, relationship/job title, telephone number, email)